A super protein based, gluten free version sure to keep the kids and partners happy mid-meal.
Most people who are allergic to nuts can eat macadamia’s so to make it safe (but please double check first with your friend) use macadamia’s instead of hazelnuts and don’t use almond milk 😉 For Coeliacs don’t add the oats.
- 2 ripe large bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder (opt for aluminum free always)
- 1 cup almond, rice or soy milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 scoops whey protein (I use Isagenix Isalean or IsaPro)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or macadamia’s
- 1/2 cup oats or activated buckwheat (I used a mix of both)
- 1 tbsp granulated stevia if you like it sweeter (optional or you can add in 3 medjool dates or 2tbsp rice malt syrup)
Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line either a loaf, brownie or cake tin with paper. In a processor mix together eggs, milk, whey and banana briefly until combined. Then add the rest in and mix until just combined. Place in pan and cook for around 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting.