I make my own almond milk and have to freeze the residual almond pulp until I have something to do with it. Within 2 weeks I have 2.5/3 cups to use and I often turn to a simple lunch box slice for my husband.
Start with preheating oven to 180 degree, fan forced.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tspn green stevia powder or 1/4 cup stevia granules [you can use 1/3 cup rice malt syrup in place of stevia)
- 1 cup dried dates or apricots (soak for ten minutes in boiling water)
- 1/3 cup reserves liquid from soaking the fruit
- 2.5 – 3 cups almond pulp
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tspn aluminum free baking powder
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- Whisk the eggs lightly with the stevia
- Add in all other ingredients and blend until a stiffer than cake mix batter (even stiffer than muffin mix)
- Pour into a lined tin and smooth out with a wet spatula.
- If you want you can press some roughly chopped walnuts or macadamia’s into the batter before baking
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean