These little tarts can be flavoured many ways – with whatever fruits and hints you love. This Saturday we had blueberry (my two year old is just about made of blueberries with the quantity she eats).
This will make four reasonable tarts or 8 small ones
– 1/2 cup cashews
– 1/2 cup walnuts
– 1/4 cup dates
– 1/4 cup dried cranberries
– 1/2 tbspn coconut oil
– pinch of pink salt
Combine well using a food processor until it comes together and can be pressed into lined muffin pans, including up the sides. Pop them into freezer.
– 1.5 cups cashews (soaked for 2-4 hours)
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
– 2 tbspn rice malt syrup or raw honey
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/4 cup creamed coconut (the solid part of coconut cream when left in he fridge)
– 1 tspn vanilla bean powder or 1 vanilla bean scrapped
– 1 cup frozen or fresh fruit (I used frozen berries this time)
Place filling ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth but still quick thick. If it’s too think add a dash of the residual coconut milk from the coconut cream.
Pour filling into prepared bases then place into coldest part of fridge until ready to serve. They need a good hour or so to set in the fridge or hurry them along in the freezer.